The Social Services ministry is located in Las Fuentes, a small community made up of mostly Nicaraguan immigrant families, in Desamparados. This is a multi-faceted ministry that has partnered with a local church and community center to offer a variety of activities for children, youth and their families to become involved in. Activities include: tutoring and practicing English, crafts, bible lessons, table games, various sports and recreational activities, and aerobics classes with women. Each day at the Social Services site holds something different and outreach participants will work alongside SI staff in all of its activities, ministering and demonstrating God’s love through the giving of their time and presence.
Dress Code for Social Services::
- Good walking shoes as you may walk from the bus stop and around the neighborhood.
- Dress will vary from day to day depending on the day’s activities.
- Sports attire with shoes you do not mind getting dirty is needed
- aerobics attire
- other days “normal” clothes are needed.
- It is a good idea to take a change of clothes with you each day.
- A small umbrella
- A light jacket or sweater
- Balls (soccer, basketball, play ground)
- Outdoor play equipment/games
- Spanish or bilingual games
- Board games
- School supplies (colored pencils, markers, glue, construction paper, scissors, etc.)
- Workout/aerobics equipment (hand weights, yoga mats, etc.)
- Tools for Bike Club (10” curved vice-grip,
- Table games, Uno, etc.