Children come to receive help with their homework and to study for exams at SI’s Education site, the Tutoring Center, located in the Casa Verde in Los Guido, a community of around 40,000 people. In addition to homework help, kids can come for art classes, baking, library time, a Girls Club and a bicycle club. There is also an English class for adolescent boys. Woven into the make up of the Tutoring Center is a strong desire to teach kids that God has dreams and good plans for their lives. Outreach participants will assist in all of the activities of the Center. They will have opportunities to work with school age children to develop their learning abilities and their knowledge of God. They will demonstrate Christ’s love by their patience and attentiveness.
Dress Code for the Tutoring Center::
- Good walking shoes or sandals
- Capris and long shorts are okay.
- Clothes should be presentable/appropriate for a educational setting.
- Clothing should NOT have holes in them.
- Light jacket or sweater for the rain
- NO athletic wear please
- General box of assorted Legos (not a specific kit)
- School supplies: washable markers, colored pencils, white glue, glitter glue, watercolors, construction paper, college ruled lined paper
- Duct/Scotch/Masking tape
- Whiteboard markers (Expo)
- HP662XL print cartridges (black and color)
- Journals for school (not spiral bound)
- Small toys for our Tutoring Center Store (students earn “play money” to buy little items)
- Table games, Uno, etc.